1. Can you just sign up for the national Jr All-American Camp?
You must attend a regional qualifier camp first and then be invited to the invitation-only national camp in August.
2. How many players are invited from the regional camp to attend the national camp?
It varies from regional to regional. Some of our regional camps are larger than others and/or may contain more top players than another camp.
3. Do you always select the best players?
Players are evaluated based on their performance at the regional camps. A player who plays well within a team concept and helps their team win consistently might earn high consideration, even though he or she may not be one of the most talented players.
4. Can you explain who is involved in the evaluation process?
Regional camp coaches and scouting services such as Hoop Scoop collaborate to evaluate all participants. A rating, developed by the scouting service, is used to help with selection.
5. How does the selection process work?
Player names are submitted, as recommendations, by the regional camp coaches. A selection committee comprised of the Jr All-American Camp national director and scouts at the camp review the submissions, examine the player ratings and ultimately make their selections of players to be invited to the national camp.